Boudin, Bourbon & Beer To Feature 65 Chefs, Boudin Dishes
NEW ORLEANS – Emeril Lagasse Foundation’s signature outdoor food and music festival Boudin, Bourbon & Beer kicks-off on Friday, Nov. 3, at Champions Square and features an expanded lineup of more than 65 local and national chefs.
One of the South’s top food and music festivals, the seventh annual Boudin, Bourbon & Beer will showcase award-winning chefs preparing their own creative styles of boudin sausage. Chef Emeril Lagasse, along with co-chairs Donald Link, Stephen Stryjewski and John Currence lead this culinary extravaganza that puts Louisiana’s favorite artisanal sausage in the spotlight.
Some of the boudin-inspired dishes that attendees will find at Boudin, Bourbon & Beer 2017 include:
• Wilfredo Avelar, Meril – Fried rice pudding
• Frank Brigsten, Brigsten’s – Gumbo z'herbes arancini
• Phillip Buccieri, NOLA – Turducken boudin spread, cranberry compote, toasted baguette
• Douglas Braselman, Emeril's New Orleans – Jamaican jerk boudin patty
• Cody & Samantha Carroll, Sac-a-lait – Pork temple carbonara
• Nina Compton, Compere Lapin – Head cheese knockwurst
• Justin Devillier, La Petite Grocery – Pork cheek boudin roll with spicy tomato jam
• John Folse, Restaurant R'evolution – Neck bone stew, foie gras fried rice, mustard
• Tariq Hanna, Salon by Sucre – Bacon bread pudding, beer cheddar sauce; bourbon macaron
• Michael Gulotta, MayPop – Crispy smoked boudin, roasted apple raviolini, colatura
• Kyla Knall, Kenton’s – Chicken fried boudin with persillade aioli, bread and butter pickle
• Tory McPhail – Foie gras rice crispy treats
• Michael Nelson, GW Fins – Sheepshead boudin cracklin & caviar
• Carl Schaubaut, DTB – Boudin musibi- jalepeno apple butter and pork rind furikake
• Isaac Toups – Boudin burrito, pedrov pepper crema, cilantro
In addition to samplings of creative boudin dishes, guests will also enjoy open bars featuring unlimited selections of Abita craft beers, premium Buffalo Trace cocktails, fine wines, Nat Sherman cigars, a silent auction and
Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats, Langhorne Slim & the Law, Kristin Diable & the City and Silverado Pickups who will all take the stage at this year’s Boudin, Bourbon & Beer.
Tickets to Boudin, Bourbon & Beer 2017 are on sale for $99 and can be purchased on Ticketmaster.com. Ticket price includes all food, beverage and live entertainment.
Boudin, Bourbon & Beer is part of Emeril Lagasse Foundation’s two-night signature fundraising weekend and is held annually the night prior to nationally recognized charity wine auction and gala dinner, Carnivale du Vin. Last year’s fundraising weekend raised $3 million for children’s charities. All proceeds from Boudin, Bourbon & Beer benefit Emeril Lagasse Foundation.