Mandeville’s Painting With A Twist Wins International Franchise Award For Charity Work
(L-R) Jay Duke, Partner, BDO USA, Cathy Deano, Co-Founder, Painting with a Twist and Steve Romaniello, Managing Director, Roark Capital Group.
International Franchise Association
MANDEVILLE, LA – The International Franchise Association's (IFA) Franchise Education & Research Foundation announced the winners of its second annual Franchising Gives Back Awards, and Mandeville-based Painting with a Twist’s Painting with a Purpose Foundation was honored with an Innovation and Impact award for funds raised in each of its 300 studios nationwide that were donated to local nonprofits.
Jay Duke, Partner, BDO USA, and Steve Romaniello, Managing Director, Roark Capital Group, bestowed the award to Cathy Deano, Co-Founder, Painting with a Twist.
BDO USA was the award category sponsor for the Innovation and Impact Award, and Roark Capital Group is the founding sponsor of the Franchising Gives Back program that salutes the best, most innovative community leaders and charitable programs nationwide.
The Franchise Education & Research Foundation recognized five Gold Winners at the Franchising Gives Back Celebration & Awards Dinner held in Washington D.C., including:
• Spirit of Franchising Award — Edible Arrangements
• Enduring Impact Award — Auntie Anne’s
• Support Our Veterans Award — Ampex Brands
• Innovation and Impact Award — Benetrends Financial
• The Newcomer Award — AAMCO Transmissions, Inc.
Ten additional Silver Award Winners were recognized including:
• Spirit of Franchising Award — Citrin Cooperman (Citrin Cooperman Cares), Express Employment Professionals (Brand it Blue Day), Dunkin’ Brands franchisee Ron Portnoy (Dunkin Donuts & Baskin-Robbins Community Foundation)
• Enduring Impact Award — Rainbow International of Columbia franchisee Reed Mattingly (Rainbow International Charity Golf Classic), Arby’s (Share Our Strength / No Kid Hungry)
• Support Our Veterans Award — Marriott International (Wounded Warriors Family Support), Sports Clips (Ageless Aviation Dreams Foundation)
• Innovation and Impact Award — Newk’s Eatery (Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance via Newk’s Cares), Painting with a Twist (Painting with a Purpose)
• The Newcomer Award — Wienerschnitzel (Skate For Change - Hot Dogs for Change), Pinot’s Palette (St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital)
“Our Franchising Gives Back Award winners are such great examples of caring and community leadership and we are delighted to recognize them and the charities that they support,” said Doc Cohen, CFE, Foundation Chairman. “Franchising Gives Back honors them and the thousands of wonderful, individual acts of charity by franchise owners, franchisors, and suppliers throughout the year.”
“The economic footprint of franchising is very big, but in many ways, the social footprint of franchise businesses in thousands of communities, touching our neighbors and customers in very personal ways, is even bigger,” said Steve Romaniello, CFE, managing director, Roark Capital Group. “We are honored to play a small part in supporting Franchising Gives Back.”
Founded in 1983, the International Franchise Association (IFA) Franchise Education & Research Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt organization and supported through the contributions of IFA members and others. The Foundation's mission is to advance franchising and the free enterprise system by increasing the knowledge and professional standards of all members of the franchising community; educating the next generation of franchise practitioners; increasing recognition of franchising's key role in the free enterprise system; and providing comprehensive information and research about important developments and trends in franchising.