The PLEASE Foundation Launches New Website
The PLEASE Foundation announces they have launched a new website, www.pleasefoundation.org.
Native New Orleanian Yvette Endom founded the “People Leading Educational and Spiritual Excellence” Foundation in 2007. After being displaced from her home for nine months due to Hurricane Katrina, Endom wanted to use her passion for helping at-risk children by making the community a better place inspiring the children of New Orleans. Endom created The PLEASE Foundation to help provide scholarships for inner-city children to receive the best education available to them. She believes providing them with college-preparatory Catholic education is the best way to pull them out of poverty and help them become future leaders of New Orleans.
With a mission to inspire at-risk children to a future of excellence through educational, spiritual, and social resources, PLEASE has provided more than 250 scholarships for 130 students to attend Catholic Schools in New Orleans. PLEASE also awarded more than $400,000 in scholarship money and continues to expand, helping to educate more children every year.
Their website states in the last 6 years, 100% of PLEASE students have been accepted into Catholic high schools and that 100% of PLEASE Foundation 2014 graduates are currently attending college.
Applications for PLEASE Foundation scholarships will be accepted through February 28, 2015.
• The student must have a 2.5 GPA. All school records are required.
• The student must display acceptable conduct and attendance.
• The student must have campus, athletic, church and/or community involvement.
• The student must plan to attend college after high school graduation.
• The student must submit a student essay.
• Principal and teacher recommendations should be made available upon request.
• Parents must fill out a full Parent Scholarship application.
• Parents must submit all relevant financial records.
• A student and parent interview.