HCCL’s Women’s Business Symposium To Empower, Inspire Thursday
Brandy Christian – president and CEO, Port of New Orleans
NEW ORLEANS – On Thursday, May 4, the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Louisiana’s (HCCL) Women’s Business Symposium, Day of Empowerment will take place at the Sheraton Metairie – New Orleans Hotel, 4 Galleria Blvd.
Pre-registration and networking begins at 12:30 p.m., followed by the “Pearls of Wisdom” seminar featuring:
• Angela O’Byrne – president and CEO, Perez, APC
• Angelica Garcia-Dunn – president, AIM Global Logistics
• Brandy Christian – president and CEO, Port of New Orleans
• Joan Davis – chancellor, Delgado Community College
• Maria Rios – president, Nation Waste
• Sonia Perez – president, AT&T
• Blanca Robinson – moderator, president and coach of VIVA Consulting Group
From 2:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., attendees can choose to attend either “Preparing for Success: Claiming Your Seat at the Table Through Financial Knowledge,” moderated by Klassi Duncan with the Urban League of Louisiana, and featuring:
• Amanda Peavy – sr. financial advisor, Peavy Group
• Melissa Daigrepont – VP, Business Banking, Capital One
• Robbin Hardee – VP, Retail Administration, Metairie Bank
• Sonya Jarvis – president and CEO, ASI Federal Credit Union
Or “Engaging Millennials to Help Accelerate Business Growth,” moderated by Desiree Young with VentureWalk Business Partners, and featuring:
• Kelsey Scram – marketing and public relations manager, JEDCO
• Marina Manzanares – chair, HYPLA
An interactive breakout session, “Mind & Body,” follows from 3:30 p.m. - 3:55 p.m. with Luz Lobos, president of Synergy Design Group.
From 4:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. “A Guide to Work Life Balance” will run alongside “Goal Setting & Staying on Track” with Myra Corrello, a business and executive growth strategist.
The last session of the day, “Minute of Inspiration,” will showcase Dima Ghawi, a leadership speaker and executive coach.
The Day of Empowerment will end with a networking reception from 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Early admission tickets costs $25, and same day admission costs $35.