Jefferson Chamber To Announce Healthy Business Initiative
METAIRIE, LA – The Jefferson Chamber will hold a press conference to announce its healthy business initiative for 2017 on Monday, Jan. 19, at The Jefferson Chamber of Commerce, 3421 N. Causeway Blvd., Ste. 203, at 8:45 a.m.
The Jefferson Chamber, along with executives from top employers in Jefferson Parish, have declared January as “Healthy Business Month.” These businesses have made a commitment to the overall health of their workforce and have agreed to sign on as a “Healthy Business Partner” of the Chamber.
During the month of January, the Chamber will be rolling out new features to assist and celebrate businesses that find value in a healthy workforce. The Chamber will also announce how it will incorporate health and wellness into its programming and communications.
Those scheduled to attend the event include:
• President of the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce, Todd Murphy
• Rhonda R. Bagby, Humana Health Benefit Plan of Louisiana, Inc.
• Emily Arata and Beth Walker, Ochsner Health System
• Gordon Wadge, YMCA of Greater New Orleans
• Valerie Englade, East Jefferson General Hospital
• Ronald Helwig, Magnolia Physical Therapy
• Rich Baudry, Baudry Therapy
• Jim Pittman, Smoking Cessation Trust
• Frank LaBiche, Laitram
• Donna Austin, Peoples Health
According to Chamber reps, Louisiana currently ranks 48th in the country in overall health, leading the nation in statistics for obesity, diabetes, heart disease and other potentially preventable chronic diseases. This status comes at not only an incredible cost to our residents, reps said, but also to attracting and maintaining the vitality of businesses in the community.
As most people spend most their day at their job, the workplace is the ideal location to begin the change in healthy habits, Chamber reps said.