Junior League of New Orleans Announces Finalists for Woman Entrepreneur Fellowship
NEW ORLEANS – After careful consideration of applications, the Junior League of New Orleans (JLNO) has chosen five finalists for its Woman Entrepreneur (WE) Fellowship. These women-owned businesses will pitch their ventures before judges and for an audience vote during New Orleans Entrepreneur Week. JLNO’s WE Fellowship will support the winning endeavor with mentoring and in-kind services sourced through its membership. Details were shared in a press release.
“We are pleased to have received a record number of applicants across an array of industries in our fourth year; however, we recognize that part of the reason for this is women entrepreneur's continued struggle to access startup capital.” said JLNO President Alice Glenn. “JLNO is uniquely positioned to support these women in scaling their businesses through both the financial award and in-kind services fellows can access through our large membership of professional women.”
Collaboration with the WE Fellow will set focused goals addressing her business’s specific needs and then source needed resources through JLNO member expertise. The WE Fellowship also provides a $7500 grant, access to work/meeting space, nonprofit board training, and marketing opportunities with JLNO’s membership. The WE Fellowship is supported by a generous donation from Fidelity Bank, Vinson Guard Service, Inc., and Trepwise.
The five WE Fellowship finalists are:
· Cocktail & Sons is a line of all natural, handcrafted syrups for the home and commercial bar. Made by bartenders using Louisiana sugarcane and produce, they make complex syrups for simple drinks.
· FAIT | NOLA is a plant design studio with New Orleans’ first mobile plant store and design studio. They believe in helping people connect with nature using plants as a creative medium.
· Girls Gone Buff is a performance-based gym that is aimed at teaching proper functional movement patterns, building strength, and improving cardiovascular endurance. Their goal is to lead the community to a lifestyle of health and wellness and empower all women to become strong and independent
· Southern Swings Nail Bar and Spa is the most unique and relaxing nail salon in the world with porch swings for pedicure chairs and outdoor pedicures.
· Visionary Entertainment Media Group (VEMG) is a multifaceted marketing company that utilizes the power of social interactions to execute non-traditional marketing campaigns that drive sales, increase brand awareness, and create long-term buzz.
Each of the five finalists will give a 10-minute presentation at the WE Fellowship Pitch event during New Orleans Entrepreneur Week, which runs from March 25 through March 29.
At the conclusion of the presentations, judges will select the 2019-2020 WE Fellow, and attendees will vote to award an audience prize.