The University of New Orleans New Program Recognizes High-Impact Businesses Owned Or Led By Alumni
Inaugural class of "UNO 25" to be honored at special luncheon at The Roosevelt
NEW ORLEANS - The University of New Orleans has announced the inaugural class of 'UNO 25' an initiative that identifies, recognizes and celebrates 25 high-impact businesses that are owned or led by UNO alumni. The selected businesses will be honored at a special luncheon at The Roosevelt New Orleans on Jan. 23, 2018.
“The University of New Orleans has more than 75,000 proud alumni, and more than half of them live in the greater New Orleans area,” President John Nicklow said. “The influence of our alumni is profound and pervasive. They are leaders and innovators in their fields. In many different ways, they help propel our economy and contribute to an enhanced quality of life for our all in our community. We believe that they are deserving of this recognition.”
The University solicited UNO 25 nominations and applications earlier this year and a selection committee, chaired by President Nicklow, winnowed the list to 25 honorees.
The members of the inaugural class of UNO 25 are:
· Akorbi, Plano, Texas
· Ampirical, Mandeville, La.
· Bayou Title, Gretna, La.
· Bourgeois Bennett CPAs & Consultants, Metairie, La.
· Carr Riggs & Ingram CPAs & Advisors, Metairie, La.
· Carubba Engineering, Metairie, La.
· CommCare Corporation, Mandeville, La.
· Computrols, Gretna, La.
· Crescent Bank, New Orleans, La.
· Ed White & Associates, Metairie, La.
· Engineering & Inspection Service, LLC, Metairie, La.
· Ericksen Krentel, New Orleans, La.
· Footprints to Fitness, New Orleans, La.
· Gallo Mechanical, LLC, New Orleans, La.
· Gambit Communications, Inc., New Orleans, La.
· Geocent, Metairie, La.
· Gulf South Engineering & Testing, Inc., Kenner, La.
· JEDCO, Avondale, La.
· Katie’s Restaurant, New Orleans, La.
· Latter & Blum, Inc., New Orleans, La.
· Market Dynamic Research Group, New Orleans, La.
· MMI Culinary Services, Kenner, La.
· Muriel’s Restaurant, New Orleans, La.
· OffBeat Media, New Orleans, La.
· Renaissance Publishing, Metairie, La.
The UNO 25 honoree luncheon will take place in the Waldorf Astoria Ballroom of The Roosevelt New Orleans at 11:30 a.m. on Jan. 23, 2018. To purchase tickets or sponsor a table, click here.
The University of New Orleans (UNO) is a major research university in one of the world’s most fascinating cities. For more than 50 years, it has been one of the city’s foremost public resources, offering a diverse set of world-class, research-based programs, advancing shared knowledge and adding to the city’s industry, culture and economy. Since 1958, UNO has educated students from all 64 Louisiana parishes, all 50 states in the United States and more than 130 countries. Today UNO offers more than 40 undergraduate and pre-professional programs and more than 40 graduate programs.