Edit Module

GIRL SCOUTS LOUISIANA EAST

NONPROFIT PROFILE




ABOUT GIRL SCOUTS LOUISIANA EAST

As the preeminent leadership development organization for girls, Girl Scouts Louisiana East (GSLE) serves around 14,000 participants in our region. Our program model, known as the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, is designed to allow girls to steer their own course, make decisions and exercise leadership in a variety of arenas. We center our programming around three initiatives—STEM (science, technology, engineering, math), financial literacy, and healthy living—and we offer an extensive compilation of activities, events, and workshops designed to broaden girls’ exposure, skills and interests. Further, with the help of grant and donation funding, this programming also reaches hundreds of underserved girls in our communities.
 

FUNDRAISING/EVENTS

Girl Scouts Louisiana East raises 88 percent of its own revenue through its product sales and program service fees. The majority of the remaining 12 percent is used to fund outreach and financial assistance so that GSLE’s valuable programming can be made available to underserved girls.
 
Our annual events and fundraisers include:

FEBRUARY: Cookies & Cocktails

APRIL: Thin Mint Sprint 5K

MAY: Women of Distinction Awards Luncheon

OCTOBER: B.I.G. (Believe In Girls) Event
J. Low’s Fall Festival & Duck Derby
Juliette Low Leadership Luncheon

Contact Erica Spruille at espruille@gsle.org for more information.
 

GET INVOLVED

Girl Scouts relies on adult volunteers to be troop leaders, cookie volunteers, camp assistants and more—opportunities that can fit into your schedule whether you can offer a day, a week, a month or a year. As a volunteer, you’ll introduce girls to new experiences and help them develop skills and confidence that will last a lifetime. Visit gsle.org/join to find out about the many ways you can get involved or click the DONATE button to learn more about ways to give.
 

MISSION STATEMENT

Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place.
 

GIRL SCOUT PROMISE

On my honor, I will try:
to serve God and my country,
to help people at all times,
and to live by the Girl Scout Law.
 

CONTACT

www.gsle.org
(504) 733-8220
Girl Scouts Louisiana East
841 South Clearview Parkway
New Orleans, LA 70121
 


 


You Might Also Like