Carver Darden Attorneys Named To 2018 Best Lawyers In America List And ‘Lawyers Of The Year’
M. Hampton Carver
NEW ORLEANS – Carver, Darden, Koretzky, Tessier, Finn, Blossman & Areaux LLC announced 12 lawyers have been named to the 2018 edition of Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer review publication in the legal profession. Five attorneys from the firm have also been named “Lawyers of the Year” for their respective practices and contributions.
Best Lawyers has published their list for over three decades, earning the respect of the profession, the media, and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals, reps said. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in more than 70 countries. Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the "Lawyer of the Year," making this accolade particularly significant, reps said. These lawyers are selected based on voting averages received during the peer review assessments. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and practice areas.
Carver Darden’s 2018 Best Lawyers® in America attorneys include:
• Raymond G. Areaux – commercial litigation; litigation – intellectual property
• Roy E. Blossman – real estate law; financial services regulation law
• M. Hampton Carver – oil and gas law
• M. Taylor Darden – commercial litigation; oil and gas law
• William T. Finn – bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights/ insolvency and reorganization law; commercial litigation; banking and finance law; litigation - banking and finance
• I. Harold Koretzky - Litigation - Labor and Employment; Labor Law – Management; Labor Law – Union; Law – Management; Employment Law - Individuals
• Leann Opotowsky Moses – commercial litigation
• Philip D. Nizialek – insurance law; commercial litigation
• Robert S. Stassi – commercial litigation
• Frank A. Tessier – banking and finance law; financial services regulation law; litigation - banking and finance
• Robert Paul Thibeaux – real estate law; equipment finance law; banking and finance law; financial services regulation law; litigation - real estate
• David F. Waguespack – bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights/ insolvency and reorganization law; commercial litigation; litigation - bankruptcy
The firm also recognized the firm’s “Lawyers of the Year” in the New Orleans area:
• David F. Waguespack – litigation - bankruptcy
• M. Hampton Carver – oil and gas law
• Raymond G. Areaux – litigation - intellectual property
• Robert Paul Thibeaux – equipment finance law
• Roy E. Blossman – financial services regulation law
"Best Lawyers is the most effective tool in identifying critical legal expertise," said CEO Steven Naifeh. "Inclusion on this list shows that an attorney is respected by his or her peers for professional success."
Lawyers in the Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers based on professional expertise, and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
Carver Darden represents clients throughout the Gulf Coast regions in both litigation and transactional business matters. The firm provides advice in a variety of business matters including, but not limited to, banking, bankruptcy, oil and gas, gaming, healthcare, insurance coverage and risk management, international business, intellectual property, labor and employment, maritime and admiralty, real estate, software and information technology, professional services, retail, manufacturing, estate planning, probate and trust litigation, tax planning and tax litigation. Carver Darden is committed to the highest standards of professionalism, innovative thinking and strong service, reps said.