EVERLAB Organizers Announce Initial Speakers for 2019 Conference
photo from Getty images
NEW ORLEANS – Greater New Orleans, Inc. – the host of EVERLAB: Where the Environment Meets the Economy – today announced the preliminary 2019 speaker lineup, including executive leaders from Bank of America, Tabasco/McIlhenny, Quantified Ventures, Ernst & Young, Environmental Defense Fund, SwissRe, The Water Institute of the Gulf, the Denver Metro Chamber, the City of Norfolk, and the State of Louisiana, among many global leading professionals in the field. Based in New Orleans, EVERLAB (Environmental Ventures for Economic Return) is a one-day conference for professionals interested in long-term corporate resilience and private sector investment in environmental sustainability.
Details were shared in a press release.
Plenary sessions, workshops, policy debates, best-practice reviews, thought leadership and peer networking events will serve to engage global and local thought leaders and promote participation from all who attend. Topics will include A sampling of conference sessions include:
- Place matters to Profit — Corporate investment in the environmental resilience of the communities where they do business
- Creating Value – Shifting the narrative to investment: Financing critical projects
- Resilience = Business Continuity — Keeping the lights on
- Geographic-Focused Breakout Sessions – Louisiana, The business of coastal resilience; Norfolk, Virginia, Protecting vital national security assets; Colorado River Watershed, Drought contingency plans in the Western U.S., and California, Investing in forest resilience
- Mayors of U.S. Cities: How government approaches the intersection of the environment and the economy
More than a conference, EVERLAB is an opportunity to drive the conversation around environmental finance, investment, and risk management. Through a unique combination of facilitated dialogues and on-the-ground learning experiences, EVERLAB will provide a platform for attendees to engage with one another, the New Orleans community, and the most innovative thinkers at the forefront of environmental finance and corporate resilience.
Leading these conversations will be some of the premier global experts in their fields, including:
- Kip Chope – Vice President of Sustainability, The Port of Virginia
- Steve Cochran – Associate Vice President for Coastal Resilience, Environmental Defense Fund
- Nicole Doheny – Senior Vice President, Ernst & Young Infrastructure Advisors
- Justin Ehrenwerth – President and CEO, The Water Institute Of The Gulf
- Michael Hecht – President and CEO, Greater New Orleans, Inc.
- Alex Kaplan – Senior Vice President of Global Partnerships, Swiss Re
- Mary Kelly – Partner, Culp & Kelly, LLP
- Bo Kemp – Senior Director, Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting
- Chip Kline – Executive Assistant to the Governor for Coastal Activities, Governor's Office of Coastal Activities
- Jonathan Kozy – Senior Vice President, Bank of America
- Eric Letsinger – CEO, Quantified Ventures
- Christine Morris – Chief Resilience Officer, City of Norfolk, Virginia
- Katerina Oskarsson – Chief Strategy Officer, RISE Resilience Innovations
- Ann Phillips – Special Assistant to the Governor for Coastal Adaptation, State of Virginia and Rear Admiral, U.S. Navy (Retired)
- Todd Reeves – CEO, Bonneville Environmental Foundation
- Tony Simmons – President and CEO, Tabasco/McIlhenny
- Kelly Brough – President and CEO, Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Ted Kowalski – Senior Program Officer of the Colorado River Initiative, Walton Family Foundation
- Glenn Hamer – President and CEO, Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Registration is open and we have extended our early bird registration to April 15. A specially negotiated rate of $155 per day is available at the host hotel, NOPSI Hotel Sunday, from June 2 to Thursday, June 6, 2019. To book your room online, visit http://everlabnola.org/hotel
EVERLAB is sponsored by Walton Family Foundation, Meraux Foundation, and CSRS.