Greater New Orleans Foundation Sponsors GiveNOLA 2018 On Tuesday, May 1
GiveNOLA Day is May 1, 2018.
Greater New Orleans Foundation
NEW ORLEANS — Tuesday May 1 is GiveNOLA Day, sponsored by the Greater New Orleans Foundation. GiveNOLA Day is a 24-hour event to inspire people to give generously to nonprofits making our region stronger and creating a thriving community for all.
To celebrate the funds raised, participants are invited to attend GiveNOLA Fest. The free event will take place on Tuesday May 1 from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. at The Circle: Center for Philanthropy, located at 919 St. Charles Avenue.
A portion of proceeds from food and drink will benefit the Lagniappe Fund, which is distributed proportionally to all 766 participating nonprofits based on total amount raised.
New this year, attendees at GiveNOLA Fest can enter to win one of two sets of Southwest Airlines tickets thanks to Southwest Airlines, via a donation to the Lagniappe Fund. See here for contest information:
- Each individual Southwest flight e-pass℠ is valid for one-way travel
- Winners will receive four (4) one-way e-passes
- Two Southwest flight e-pass℠ are needed to book roundtrip travel
- Southwest flight e-pass℠ cannot be exchanged, extended, or reissued
- For domestic travel only
- These e-passes are eligible for one year. May be redeemed between 5/01/18 and 5/01/19
- The actual date of travel may not occur after the expiration date
Learn more about the event here.
- by Alexa Harrison, associate news editor